Hainanese Chicken Quinoa
- Rice Cooker
- 200 g boneless chicken thigh
- 6 cloves garlic smashed open
- 5 cm ginger sliced
- 50 g spring onion
- 900 ml water
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cm ginger sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pieces shallots thinly sliced
- 1 piece spring onion for garnish
- 100 g baby sio pek choy
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sambal chilli
- 1/2 lime juice
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- Add water, garlic, ginger and spring onion into a pot. Bring to rolling boil.
- Add chicken thigh and bring to rolling boil again. Once it is at rolling boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Go do a quick workout while waiting.
- Remove chicken from pot, rub sesame oil on chicken skin. Keep the broth to blanch the vegetables.
- Serve with chicken quinoa and vegetables!
- Add all ingredient in a rice cooker. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion. Serve with chicken.
- After the chicken is done, throw in the vegetables and blanch for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from pot, rinse the vegetables to wash away the oil.
- Serve with chicken and quinoa.
- For chill: mix sriracha, sambal and lime juice together.
- Serve with dark soy sauce