Organic Culinary Virgin Coconut Oil
A Brain Superfuel & Immunity Booster, Ideal for Cooking/Baking
In 500ml jar
Produce of Thailand
100% Virgin Coconut Oil
- Certified Organic (USDA, EU)
- Very Low GI
Nature’s Superfoods’ Organic Light Virgin Coconut Oil (LVCO) has a very mild coconut aroma and taste, making it an ideal cooking oil that will not lend an overly-strong coconut taste and aroma to the cooked food. Our LVCO goes through an added clay process that does not affect the quality of the nutrients of the oil. Our LVCO comes from Thailand and is cold-pressed and unrefined. Often misjudged as being unhealthy, Epidemiological studies have shown that despite the coconut’s high saturated fat content, populations (for e.g. the South Pacific Islanders) whose primary source of food is the coconut have remained relatively healthy and trim, as compared to those that have switched to a more Western diet. It is now also commonly known that the high amount of saturated fat in a coconut-based diet does not bring about adverse effects on cholesterol levels.
VCO: The medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) or medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) in VCO are considered good saturated fats. Contrary to popular myth, these fats in VCO do not transform into bad cholesterol to clog up your arteries. VCO has around 62-65% concentration of Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs), these MCFAs or MCTs are converted directly into energy in the liver without the need for digestive enzymes to digest. The calories from MCFAs are not stored as fat but instead are used by the body and brain immediately.
Combined with a sensible diet and regular exercise, VCO can stimulate metabolism and increase the rate at which calories are burned. This is due to the oil’s medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs or MCTs) as mentioned above. Additionally, you can use VCO safely for high-heat cooking or baking due to its high smoke point.
Botanical name: Cocos nucifera
Credits to Nature’s Superfood
How To Use
1) As a dietary supplement – 2-4 Tbsp a day with/after meals. (Beginners: 1 Tbsp/day)
2) Mix 1-2 Tbsp of VCO into your oatmeal, porridge or smoothies.
3) Use as healthy cooking oil or for baking.
4) Apply to dry skin or hair as a moisturizer/conditioner. VCO is also a good yet gentle makeup remover.
Storage: Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight. Pure VCO solidifies (becomes milky white) in temperatures below 24°C. This high-quality virgin coconut oil has one of the lowest moisture levels in the industry, with a stable shelf life of more than 3 years.
- Energy & Stamina
- Strengthens the immune system
- Could improve neurodegenrative conditions such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Improves cholesterol levels
- Helps keep blood glucose levels under control
- Improves detoxification, digestion, bowel function and nutrient absorption
- As a natural remedy for dry skin and hair