Organic Red Quinoa Seeds
The Mother of All Grains – Excellent Protein Quality
In 1kg resealable pack
Produce of Peru
100% Organic White Quinoa (Pre-washed)
- Certified Organic (USDA, EU, JAS)
- Low GI
- Pre-washed, saponin free
Nature’s Superfoods’ Organic Red Quinoa (pronounced ‘Keen-wah) is a protein-rich wholegrain that is widely termed as the “mother of all grains” because it is one of the most complete natural food available containing amino acids, enzymes, vitamins and minerals, fiber, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. An ideal low-GI rice-replacement food.
QUINOA: A high-protein, high-fiber whole grain that contains all 9 essential amino acids (including lysine), B vitamins, folate, calcium, magnesium, a diverse array of antioxidants and many more nutrients; known for its high amount of superior protein (12-18%), which is higher than all other grains (50% more than wheat).
The unique red color is due to the presence of anthocyanins that prevent UV damage and oxidation of the Quinoa plant. Anthocyanins are powerful antioxidants known to protect the body against free radicals, chronic diseases, heart disease, cancer, diabetes etc. Our organic red Quinoa seeds have a mild flavor and crisp texture, making it extremely versatile with or in any dish.
Our Red Quinoa Varieties: Pasankalla*
*This special Quinoa variety (Pasankalla) will cause water to turn pink upon first rinse. This is perfectly natural and harmless.
Credits to Nature’s Superfood
How To Use
1) Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Place 1 part Quinoa and 2 parts water (or stock) in a sauce pan, bring to a boil.
2) Reduce to a simmer, cook for 15-20 minutes until the quinoa is translucent, plump and the external germ (“spiral tail’) is visible.
3) Quinoa cooks like rice and can also be cooked in a rice cooker (1 cup quinoa with 2 cups of water).
- Weight control
- Promotes heart health
- Improves digestion health
- Support healthy weight loss/heal build lean muscle